How to Clean Baseboards Without Bending Over
Maintaining a clean house is always a struggle, but one of the most challenging tasks for many people is cleaning baseboards. How do you clean baseboards without bending over? How can you reach all the way down there and not make your back hurt?
The answer is simple, and it’s right here in this blog post.
How Often Should You Clean The Baseboards?
Some people might allow pre-existing dirt build-up to take over their baseboards due to the lack of time, effort, or interest in cleaning them. Cleaning your baseboards may be an unpleasantry, but it’s also necessary to maintain a clean house. Every time you kick up dust with the door open, it seeps into your living environment and settles on the ﬂoor as well as the baseboard.
So, how often should you clean the baseboards? Well, according to House Cleaning Calendar Reader’s Digest, at a minimum, cleaning the baseboards is best done once a month.
If you have a bad back, the idea of bending over to clean your baseboards may sound like an impossible challenge. Luckily, we’re about to show you some of the easiest ways to clean baseboards with a few simple tricks and tips that are sure to change your home life.
How Do You Clean Baseboards Without Bending Over?
First and Foremost – Dust!
The most important step in our quest for clean skirting boards is dusting. Seriously, do not be tempted to go near your skirting boards with any liquid until you have removed the surface dust. If you do, you will be making the job twice as difﬁcult for yourself.
You should be aiming to remove any dust from your skirting boards at least once a week.
How to Clean Baseboards Without Bending – Vacuum
The best way to clean dust from a skirting board without having to bend over and pick it up with your hands is to use a vacuum cleaner instead. Although one of the best ways to clean baseboards, this method should be carried out carefully. It’s essential to ensure you do not damage any paint in the process.
Here‘s how to utilize a vacuum cleaner in cleaning baseboards:
● Connect the attachment hose to the vacuum cleaner. This would let you reach the
baseboard without bending over.
● Plug in the vacuum cleaner. Vacuum the baseboard two to three times. Make sure that
all dust and dirt are sucked in.
● Alternatively, you may do this after vacuuming the ﬂoor.
How to Clean Baseboards Without Bending – Use a Broom
If you don’t have a vacuum cleaner, then don’t worry! We still have one of the best ways to clean baseboards – use a broom!
A soft-bristled broom with a long handle can do the trick. Here’s how:
● Sweep the baseboard one to two times.
● Collect the dirt in one corner with a dustpan.
● Dump the contents in a bin.
How to Clean Baseboards Without Bending – Cleaning With A Mop
For some people, cleaning the baseboards will never be complete or thorough without using a mop.
Here’s how to pull this one off:
● Pour lukewarm water into a large bucket. Add liquid soap.
● Mix well until you get a soapy solution.
● Take a mop with an extra-long handle. Alternatively, you may attach an old and clean
cloth to a long toilet cleaning wand.
● Dip this into the soapy bucket and clean the baseboards.
● Let the baseboard dry naturally.
How to Clean Baseboards Without Bending – Cleaning With A Microﬁber Clot
Another one of the easiest ways to clean baseboards is to use a microﬁber cloth. This is highly effective in picking ﬁne dust particles. It can also remove debris and dirt from the baseboards. Think that using a microﬁber cloth would force you to bend over? Think again.
Here’s how to clean baseboards with a microﬁber cloth, without bending down:
● In a large bucket, pour water and add liquid soap. You may also add vinegar to the mix.
● Mix this well to create an effective cleaning solution for your baseboard.
● Attach the microﬁber to a large yardstick or broom using rubber bands. A few clips may
also do the trick.
● Dip the microﬁber cloth into the cleaning solution.
● Use this in wiping down the baseboards.
● Remove excess water from the microﬁber cloth.
● Wipe down the baseboard with another clean and dry cloth and let it dry.
Cleaning the baseboards is often a tedious task that can be difﬁcult for seniors and adults with back problems. But there are ways to clean your baseboard without bending over and getting aches in your spine, like using a vacuum cleaner or dry microﬁber cloths.
The techniques in this article will keep you happier as you make your environment sparkle!